Wednesday, April 09, 2008

these thoughts

So I'm here at Shift 08, the Student Ministries Conference at Willow Creek in South Barrington, IL. It's been a full--and wonderful--first day. Experiencing three great large group sessions and some great time with the people who came with me (some of the best youth volunteers in the world) has been awesome! So many moments stick out in my mind as I sit here in my hotel room, reflecting. One cool experience was listening to Brian McLaren this morning. He gave a sort of macro-level perspective of the most urgent global crises...and it's already been a messy, wonderful, impossible journey to try to mentally unpack it all and think about how to apply it to my ministry with students. So, I think I'll go sit in the hot tub and let these thoughts move around my head some more.
Below is a video clip from the session today with McLaren. Food for thought for you.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

i too have enjoyed the time that we have gotten to spend together. :) i'm so glad that we all got the chance to get away...to experience all of this..not just for ourselves..but as a group together too...we've had some really good conversations. you, ali, and dave are just fun to be around!