Thursday, April 10, 2008

shift #2

Day 2 of Shift 08 has been amazing! I've been pondering the Lord's Prayer today. Speaker Brian McLaren observed yesterday that the prayer underscores the pervasiveness and imminence of the Kingdom of God. "Your Kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven."
Tonight we were treated to an acoustic set and Q and A sort of 'living room' session with the band Switchfoot. A song that front man Jon Foreman sang, called "Your Love is Strong," sets the prayer to music in a fresh way. I thought it was awesome!

"Heavenly Father, you always amaze me
Let your kingdom come in my world and in my life
You give me the food I need to live through the day
And forgive me as I forgive the people that wronged me
Lead me far from temptation
Deliver me from the evil one"

No comments: