A letter I wrote to students and parents a few weeks ago...
-----
Hi Students and Parents!
I just wanted to take the chance to say hello and tell you all how excited I am as I begin ministry here at EPPC! One of the things I’m most anxious to do is get to know each and every one of you. So, when you see me at church, come say hi. It will take me a little while to remember all your names and faces. I’ll ask your forgiveness in advance in case I ask you your name several times. Thanks for your grace!
Looking forward to this Fall has been a blast! I can’t wait to get started as we jump into the Bible together. We’ll continue to learn about, and experience, who Christ is, how much God loves us, and what true community looks like. Students, your life (like mine, and everyone else’s) is filled will joy and also darkness, times when we feel close to God and times when we hardly know He’s there. We constantly face influences in our everyday lives that battle for our attention. Sometimes God’s voice is the most difficult to hear. I’m thankful, though, that God is faithful. We can take comfort in Moses’ words to the Israelites,
“Know this: God, your God, is God indeed, a God you can depend upon. He keeps his covenant of loyal love with those who love him and observe his commandments for a thousand generations.” Deuteronomy 7:9, The Message Translation
Let’s journey together at EPPC as we seek and follow after Jesus. Join me in anxiously awaiting what God might have in store for us.
In Christ,
Darrin

No comments:
Post a Comment