Today was confirmation suday at my church. Ten ninth graders announced publicly their commitment to follow Jesus. It was a great day! Each one got up in front of the church and gave a little talk about a matter of faith that has been important to them. I loved the rare chance to listen to students talk about their faith. In youth ministry, it often feels like I do way to much talking and opportunities to simply listen are few and far between. And sometimes, getting teenagers to talk about anything remotely spritual is like pulling teeth. It was a great reminder of the importance Jesus puts on fellowship. We all (even ninth graders) are members of one body. As Paul reminds us...
"we are all baptized by one Spirit into one body...Now the body is not made up of one part but of many."
1Corinthians 12.
It is on Sunday mornings like these that I remember that my faith, my religion is all bound up together with the rest of the body of Christ.
Sunday, May 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment